Sunday, November 4, 2018

Spellbinders Large Die of the Month and Small Die of the Month Club Kits November

Hey crafty friends,

New month, new kits available at Spellbinders! This month I had the honor to work with both the Small Die of the Month and the Large Die of the Month kits! And boy are they awesome!

Let's start with the large die kit! It's an advent calendar kit! Isn't that cool? To be honest I only wanted to make a couple to show examples but then I got carried away and did the whole calendar haha! My son loves it and said he hoped I'd fill it with gifts too hahaha!


I've mostly used patterned papers from various Pinkfresh Studio christmas collections, but I didn't have enough so added some other brands too, like Fancy Pants or Crate Paper.


First I die cut everything. I will admit this alone took me many hours, but I think it was totally worth it! I then assembled each tree and filled them with some tissue paper. Do you see those flaps on the sides? Those are actually the lids of the little gift box that is at the bottom of the tree. I didn't want to close my boxes though, that's why they are hanging off the sides.


I've used different embellishments to decorate my calendar; wood veneers, chipboards, buttons, puffy stickers, clips, mini clothespins, just to name a few. Once done, I've put the trees on a string and hung the calendar on our kitchen door. Now I just need to fill it ha!



What do you guys think?

I've also made a card with this set! It's so versatile, no need to build a calendar with it.


I created a shaker window and filled it with winter themed sequins, snowflakes and so. I then stamped and embossed a sentiment on a red piece of card stock and added it at the bottom to look like it's the tree trunk. 


I've used the Jingle All the Way collection from My Mind's Eye on this card.

Next up is the Small Die of the Month kit! This one is super adorable too! I've made two Christmas cards, but there's a Happy New Year die in the set too. Just follow the link to check it out! For some reason Blogger won't let me insert the photo of these dies. Blogger drives me craaaaazy at times! I'm not able to answer comments on my blog posts for instance. I can't figure it out...


I die cut the deer and added back the cut outs. What's this technique called? Gosh, I keep forgetting it.   I hope you know what I mean! I created an A2 size top folding card base and attached some patterned paper to the front. I also die cut an oval shape with my most used dies ever: Nestabilities Fancy Edged Ovals Edged dies! I glued this on my card front and started adding the leaves and berries to create a wreath. To finish it off, I've adhered my deer and my sentiment to my card front using foam adhesive.


On my second card I went in a bit of a different direction. I only used the outline die this time and added a trio of deers to my card front. This is an A2 size card too by the way. 



I've used the Jingle All the Way collection from My Mind's Eye on this one too. These are simple cards, especially the second one, but I hope you like them anyway :).

I hope I could inspire you to create something today! It's the weekend after all :).

Thank you for stopping by! Have an amazing weekend!

X