Friday, November 9, 2018

Awesome - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hello crafty friends,

I'm stopping by to share my new layout I've made for the Paige Evans Design Team! This is also my first DT project with the super-duper gorgeous Whimsical collection! I have made several layouts just for fun though, which you can see on my Instagram account

I first fussy cut the entire 12x12 Paper 3, which has these gorgeous flowers on it. I obviously didn't use all of them on this layout, but I thought I'd save some time in the future by fussy cutting all of them out.


I then put my background together. When I made this layout, I only had a couple of Whimsical papers (mostly scraps) left, and because I didn't want to use white card stock for the top of my layout, I added a strip of Take Me Away paper which was a perfect match in color.


I layered some tissue paper behind my photo and played around with arrangements a little bit. Once I settled on this one, I glued down my photo, with one of the big floral elements tucked under it. 


I used foam tape to adhere down the other big floral cut out (on the left), just to add some dimension. Plus I wanted to layer it over my photo, and I never glue down my photo completely, only in the middle. I love the movement it creates. For the third cluster of flowers I used some images that were not complete, but by tucking them behind the photo you can't see that. This way I don't waste anything :). 


At this point I found my layout utterly boring, with just one focal point in the middle - don't ask, I just didn't like it. So I ended up adding one more flower cluster in the bottom corner (apparently I like to break rules). I also placed my title in this corner. 


I love rub-ons, especially those of stitching and small details like that. So I was ecstatic when I saw there are a few stitched images in the rub-on pack! I added some of these here and there. It's kind of hard to see in the full layout photo, but you can see them in the close-ups better!

I also placed 3 fussy cut banners and 3 enamel butterflies on my page. The banners are from Paper 8, which is a paper full of awesome sentiments for all sorts of occasions! 

To finish off my layout I wrote my journaling, added my date and splattered some navy ink around my layout. 

I hope you like how this page turned out!

Thank you for stopping by today! I wish you a fabulous day!

X


SUPPLY LIST: 
Take Me Away collection: 12x12 Paper Pad, Chipboard Thickers
Whimsical Collection: Paper 3, Paper 8Paper 9, Rub-Ons, Enamel Shapes