Wednesday, November 7, 2018

In the spotlight: Holiday Vibes - DT layouts for Pinkfresh Studio

Hi there friends,

I'm back today with my monthly Pinkfresh Studio scrapbook inspiration! This month the scrapbook team is focusing on the festive Holiday Vibes collection and I'm sharing two layouts in the hope I can get you into Christmas spirit and help document those past holiday memories!

For my first layout I fussy cut out the snow flakes from the Let it Snow paper. I also cut some more snowflakes from textured white card stock using some cut files (this and this) by Inna Moreva (Handipaper). 


I created my background from two papers, a textured white card stock and the Very Merry patterned paper. I adhered my fussy cut snowflakes along the line where the two papers meet. 


I tucked my photo behind the snowflakes and added a chipboard frame on top. Both my title (Peace Love Joy) and my journaling are chipboard pieces that hang from the frame. I also attached a red bow on top. 



I glued down my die cut snowflakes too. I added some enamel dots, puffy stickers, epoxy stickers and wooden buttons in the middle of most snowflakes. Done!


My second layout was a lot more time consuming but I don't mind spending time on my layouts. I gave up on trying to scrap all my photos a long ago! I wouldn't have the space for so many albums anyway haha. 


I cut my title, Merry Christmas, from the Magical Forest paper using my Silhouette Cameo. I wanted to create a big, stitched title because I haven't done it in a while. Before stitching I backed the other cut file I made from Inna's cut files. I needed to do this so I could check which patterned paper I should use for background. I didn't want to stitch all that on the wrong paper! So the grid paper I chose is actually the Sweet Life paper from the Simple and Sweet collection. 


Once done with stitching, I assembled my layout: I glued down the cut file in the corner and added some layers of patterned papers in the opposite corner. For this I've used the Merry Christmas, Let it Snow and the Home for the Holidays papers.

I tuck a bunch of things behind my photo: die cut pieces and tissue papers. I wrote my journaling on  one of the chipboard labels. I added some puffy stickers directly on my photo. 


To finish off my page I placed some enamel dots here and there.

I hope you enjoyed these two pages and I could inspire you in some small way!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have an awesome day!

XXX