Monday, November 26, 2018

Card inspiration - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hi lovelies,

I'm back today with my monthly card inspiration post for Pinkfresh Studio!

Today I'm showing you 3 very different cards, topic and style wise too! Not on purpose, it just happened this way :).

I wanted to use some sets I haven't had time for yet... First up is the adorable Squirrel stamp set (coordinating dies are also available)! I created an A2 size top folding card base and added a piece of white glitter paper to it. I stamped my sentiment using WOW embossing pad and embossed it with WOW Primary Apple Red embossing powder. Considering how red is my least favorite color, I sure use it a lot during holiday season! And loving it too!


I die cut a circle from white card stock and dry embossed it to add some interest and dimension to my background. I popped this up on the card front, using foam tape. I then selected a couple of patterned papers from the Holiday Vibes and the Indigo Hills 2 collections and stamped my little squirrels on them. I fussy cut them out and did a bit of paper piecing so I could have sweaters on them. 


I embossed their scarves with WOW Primary Apple Red embossing powder, the sleigh with WOW Gold Rich Pale and fussy cut these out too. I assembled the squirrels and glued them down on the circle. Finally, I added some red and white twine to my card.


Next up is one of my favorite stamp sets, Train Ride (coordinating dies are available)! I have used this set once before but that was a Christmas card. Now I decided to go with a birthday theme! And if kids birthdays, then rainbows! I love colors! So I went with a rainbow color scheme on this simple, one layer card.


For this one I created another A2 size, top folding card base, but in landscape orientation. I first stamped the train and the animals. Now that I'm looking at it, I really should have used a darker shade of purple for my little critter on the last car, he is barely visible!


I then stamped a lot of lollipops and presents in coordinating colors. I added a Birthday sentiment using black ink so it stands out, as well as some black and white twine. To finish it off, I glued down a slim strip of patterned paper from the Indigo Hills 2 collection at the bottom. 


On my last card I used the beautiful Fancy Blooms stamp and die sets my friend Ruby designed. Now, I don't particularly love coloring nor am I any good at it, but I do love Ruby, so the least I could do was try and come up with something! 


I made another A2 size top folding card base (landscape orientation) and glued down a strip of black card stock in the middle, then layered a slightly smaller strip of gray patterned paper (Indigo Hills 2 collection) on top of it. I stamped 2 groups of flowers and some leaves in Versafine black ink, then colored them in. The weather here is quite depressing, gray skies and all, so I wanted something colorful that reminds me of summer. Hence the bright colors!


Once done, I checked where I want to add my flowers exactly, so that I know where to stamp my sentiment. This sentiment comes from the My Favorite Things to Say stamp set, which is simply fantastic. It's full of great sentiments and I love the various fonts. Especially the one they used for Enough (on my card). Then using foam tape, I added my flowers in two opposite corners. As a final step, I placed some enamel dots here and there.


That's it for today guys! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

X