Sunday, February 24, 2019

Twin layouts - DT project for Paige Evans

Hey there friends,

I'm back today with two new layouts for the Paige Evans Design Team. Two layouts that are pretty much the same but they will go in different albums so I don't mind.

I wanted to do some layered hearts again, but this time with some stitched hearts in the background. I could not decide on the color scheme...First I sketched the hearts on a pink background, then I changed my mind and thought I'd go green monochromatic. So I sketched the design on a green paper. But then I changed my mind agin, thinking I wanted something colorful, so I sketched the design on a yellow paper too. That's 3 papers already and I still wasn't sure haha! So I decided to go for two, the green monochromatic and the colorful one, I wasn't going to waste 3 good papers!

Here are my two pages:



As I mentioned, I started out by sketching the background design on the patterned papers - I used my Silhouette Cameo and sketch pens for this. I then selected a few different embroidery flosses and hand stitched the background. Nothing fancy, so this was actually not a lengthy process.


I then cut a bunch of hearts in various sizes from different patterned papers. I slightly glued the layers together, just so they don't move while I run my sewing machine over them.


I arranged them on my background and once I liked the placing, I glued them down. I went through all embellies and pulled out the ones I thought would work: die cut flowers, chipboards, puffy stickers, cardstock stickers, and my most favorite: rub-ons. I love the colorful rub-ons in Paige's collections, they are always such a great finishing touch to any page. They are great quality too!


I scattered the chosen embellishments around my pages; some I tucked behind the hearts, others I popped up - all just to add some dimension and interest to my layouts. 



To finish them off, I wrote my journaling, stamped my date and added some black ink splatters. Et voila! Done!


I hope you liked today's inspirations!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

X

SUPPLY LIST:
Whimsical collection: Paper 3, Paper 5, Paper 6Paper 7Paper 9Paper 10Paper 12Paper 13Paper 22, Floral Die Cuts, Ephemera Die Cuts, Puffy Stickers, Cardstock Stickers, Chipboard Stickers, Mini Foam Alpha Thickers, Rub-Ons, Sticker Book