Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Look who's back - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there friends,
 
I'm back with another layout I made for Fancy Pants with the awesome Family&Co collection! This plaid paper is my absolute favourite! I love the bright colors in it.
 

I decided to go with a die cut title. I just selected a font and then typed up my title. I drew two rectangles and welded my letters with them, one for the top, one for the bottom of the layout. I glued these in place then hand stitched around them, using two different color floss, orange and dark teal.


My son lost his favorite toy, a hand puppet called Mr.Yummy (actually he is called Mr. Jummy in Dutch - he was the mascot of Sultana in Holland) during our summer holiday. He was so extremely upset, he just kept crying for days. We were all heart broken because I got Mr. Yummy when I was pregnant and he was with Maxim for almost 9 years. The hotel didn't seem to care very much so I contacted Sultana and told them about what happened. They didn't have the hand puppet we had but they had one that is a backpack and a hand puppet in one! They mailed it to Maxim's grandpa in Holland, his dad picked it up and when Maxim arrived back from my parents' we took it to the airport with us. He was sooo very happy, he just kept saying how adorable Mr. Yummy is :). We are incredibly grateful to Sultana! This is what this layout documents.
 

I printed two 3x4 photos and placed them in the middle of the page. I layered some tissue paper and different patterned papers behind my photos to mat them. Then I added some die cut pieces around my photo and used a tag for my journaling. Actually I combined two tags to make my own.



Thank you for stopping by today!
Till next time,

X