Saturday, September 2, 2017

Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team - wooohooo

Hey guys,

One can tell I have no Instagram account, I have too much time on my hands! Well, the whole story managed to ruin a perfectly happy day yesterday and left me without any mojo - so blogpost it is :D.

If you follow me on Instagram (or Paige), you probably saw that she is now designing cut files which you can get your hands on in the Silhouette Design Store. 

I'm so honored and excited to have been invited to her Design Team! You know that I'm obsessed with cut files, I love Paige's collections, so I feel like this is a great fit for me!


We all created a layout for yesterday, here's mine. I used the Half Flower cut file and Paige's wonderful new collection, Turn the Page.



I cut out the file from white textured card stock, 2 bigger and 2 smaller ones. I then started backing the bigger ones with patterned paper. I was actually planning to have a colorful layout but while I was backing the files I changed my mind. It happens a lot!

Once I was done, I also backed the smaller ones, but these only with one paper. Then I arranged my flowers the way I wanted them and adhered them to the background. I used some foam adhesive to attach the smaller ones to add a bit of dimension and interest.

I fussy cut a few butterflies in different sizes as well as flowers and combined these with a few other embellies: die cuts, puffy stickers and wood veneer and glued these on my half flowers.



I tucked my photo behind one of the flowers and added my title for which I used the chipboard alphas. 



I wrote my journaling, added the date, and I was pretty much done. Oh, and black splatters of course! 

Hope you like my layout! I'll be back with a new one next week! 

Thanks for stopping by,
X

Zsoka