Friday, September 15, 2017

Follow your dreams - DT layout for Just Nick

Hey there friends,

I'm back with you today sharing my newest layout I created with some awesome Just Nick cut files!

We are showcasing words/sentiments cut files this week and I picked the Dream Big cut file for this.  


Here's how my layout turned out:


I blew up the cut file and also stretched it because I wanted to have taller letters and cut it out from white card stock. 

I picked one of the last Fancy Pants collections for this layout, Dream Big, which fits my title and my theme. The background paper is a very old Theresa Collins paper I believe. I love grid papers for backgrounds! They are subtle but still not just plain card stock.


As usual, I backed the letters with different patterned papers. This is actually one of the reasons I love cut files, one can showcase many colors and patterns without them being too busy or overpowering. I then added foam adhesive to all the letters and tucked my photo in at the bottom of the cut file.


About the photo I chose...We visited the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans, because my son is crazy about animals. He loves sea creatures especially. He always wanted to work with animals when he grows up, his latest dream is to be a marine biologist. I just wrote about how I'm sure this is going to change a million times and of course that is OK, he has plenty of time to decide! I adore how much he knows about every single animal! I honestly have no idea how he keeps all that information in his head. Kids' brains are fantastic! They just remember absolutely everything. Well other than how to clean up their rooms of course :D.

I typed up my journaling and cut it into strips, adding them in the spaces on both sides of the photo. I normally just write my journaling with a pen but I thought this would stand out more.


To embellish my layout I chose a few items from the same collection, die cuts, puffy and cork stickers and a clip. I added foam adhesive to some of them to create a bit of depth. 

I wanted to add a bit more red to the layout (red, my least favorite color no less!) so I tore off a strip from one of the patterned papers and adhered it to the bottom.


To finish off my layout I added a few navy blue ink splatters.

I hope you like this layout and are inspired to document your children's dreams!
Thank you for stopping by today!
Till next time,

X