Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Love You - DT layout for Just Nick

Hi there scrappy friends,

I'm back today with a new layout I created for Just Nick.

I chose the Graphic Background cut file for this. I have used this cut file before, but not in a long time, so I thought why not use it again?



I went with white card stock again, like most of the time... I picked the wonderful Cocoa Vanilla Wild at Heart collection for this layout. I love this navy floral paper and I thought the white cut file looks great on it. I stitched down each part of the cut file with navy thread to add some interest.


I placed my photo a bit off center, to the right, and layered a few pieces of die cuts, chipboard frame and tissue paper behind it. 


Then I started embellishing. I wanted to keep all embellishments around the photo so that most of the background is still visible.  I added lots of die cut flowers; some of them I glued down with liquid glue, others I popped up with foam adhesive to create dimension. I really love dimension on my layouts! I also used flair buttons, stickers, chipboard pieces and some resin flowers from one of the earlier Cocoa Vanilla collections. I think those are my favorites, so cute right?


I know the title is not very original, but I love the way these big chipboard letters look and well this title does fit my photo so why not? With the amount of layouts I make it's hard to come up with creative titles, especially ones that are short (because I prefer them short). So I end up with a lot of Sweet, Cute, Love, Awesome etc titles I'm afraid, especially if the photo just captures a candid moment, not any special event.


Other than the stitching, which took a bit of time, this layout came together very quickly, which is unusual for me! I really like how it turned out, I hope you do too!

Thanks for stopping by today! Until next time,

X