Thursday, March 8, 2018

Sleep - DT layout for Just Nick

Hi there friends,

I'm dropping in to share a new layout I've created for Just Nick!

I've used the Optical Illusion Background cut file on this page.


I haven't really created a typical boy page in ages and while I don't particularly miss them, sometimes I want to use collections I haven't used in awhile. And the super cool Good Fellows collection from Fancy Pants Designs was one of these. Plus I wanted to use a cut file that was not floral.


I started out by manipulating the cut file in Silhouette Studio - I took it apart and repeated the pattern to get smaller and more cubes. I cut the cut file from white, textured card stock. I chose three papers from the Good Fellows collection and backed a few of the cubes the exact same way. There's so many ways you could go with this cut file! It doesn't even need to be cubes, you could back it totally differently playing with different color and pattern papers. Can you see flowers in there?!


Once done, I adhered the cut file to my background. I layered different papers behind my photo and glued everything down. Then I went through my embellishments and pulled out everything that could have worked and started tucking them in and adding them on top of my photo. I used tags, die cuts, and puffy stickers to decorate my page.


For the title I used chipboard alphas from the Fancy Pants Family&Co collection. I didn't have two E's in the same color so I replaced one with a 3. 


I also adhered two strips of patterned papers at the bottom of the layout as well as some die cuts and puffy stickers, then added some machine stitching as a finishing touch. 



As a last step, I splattered some black ink around my page and wrote my journaling.

I hope you like how this turned out! 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

X