Monday, March 19, 2018

Easter cards - DT project for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there crafty friends,

Today I'm sharing a few Easter cards with you that I've made for Fancy Pants Designs!

I've used the bright and colorful Take Note collection to create all of these cards. I just love the colors and patterns in this line! I knew I was not going to use embellishments, so the original theme of the collection didn't bother me, the papers were perfect!


I remembered a super adorable cut file the lovely Bea Valint created last year and thought I'd use it on my cards today. I however wanted to make both girl and boy bunnies, so I modified her original cut file to have a boy too (nose and eyelashes). I cut all bunnies from textured white card stock and for the rest of the card I used patterned papers. I cut little flowers for the girls (also part of the cut file) and hand cut a couple of hats for the boys. Plus added little bows for neck tie. I stamped my sentiment using a mini alpha stamp set and added some Nuvo drops to finish off these four cards.





I also wanted to make some more cards where the bunnies' ears are hanging off the card. Basically I've folded a standard A2 size card in half, this way the card still fits in the same sized envelope.


I added a piece of patterned paper to my white card base. I cut some grass with the help of a die and layered two on top of each other using some foam adhesive to create some dimension. I backed the bunny ears and faces with patterned paper, then glued them on the card front and decorated them with flowers and a hat. For my sentiment I used one of the patterned papers in the Take Note collection - I fussy cut out these tiny alphas to create the title. I added some Nuvo drops and done!



Thanks for stopping by today!

Have an awesome day!

X