Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Spellbinders Jane Davenport Artomology collection - Part 1

Hello there crafty friends,

I'm super excited to join Spellbinders for another 3 blog post series - this time creating with a very special and unique Exclusive Collection, Artomology, by the one and only Jane Davenport! Now if you know my work, you know that I actually rarely do mixed media, but I was super intrigued by the metal dies because they are so different from what I normally use! A totally different style for me, that is fantastic for art journals, but I was up for the challenge to come up with projects that are still my style. I hope you'll like them! I personally can't wait to see what all the other guest designer have come up with!

Today I'm sharing these two cards:


Before I get into the details on the cards...would you check out those amazing dies?! They are TEAL!!! Because, you know, the color of a die is very important, haha! Yes, I am that shallow! I squeeled when I first unpacked them. There is also an Exclusive Jane Davenport die cutting machine (it's the Platinum 6 in Jane's signature design), and it's got PINK plates! I die! (No pun intented). The machine is super pretty and works like a charm! Check it out here!

OK, so about the cards. I wanted to work with a paper collection I haven't used yet, so I picked out the summery On Our Way collection from Fancy Pants Designs. For my first card I die cut both flowers from the Sea Flower Etched Dies pack from white card stock. I backed them with a rainbow stripe patterned paper. I then created an A2 size top folding card base and glued a piece of patterned paper in the same size on the front. I also added 2 different strips of papers at the bottom. For my sentiment I chose a die cut from the same Fancy Pants collection and layered it on top, using foam adhesive. A super simple card for you!


For my second card I chose to work with the Mertail and the Mermaid for Each Other Etched dies. This card is even quicker than the first one! I made an A2 size top folding card base. Then I added some shimmery blue watercolor to an A2 size white card stock (not even watercolor paper). While it was drying, I die cut the mermaid tail from a rainbow plaid patterned paper and the waves from dark blue patterned paper. I assembled the card, glued the panel on the card base, then glued down the waves and the mermaid tail. I found this destination sign in the Fancy Pants ephemera pack and thought it would be perfect for this card. It reminds me of the signs we saw in Venice and other parts of Italy when we were sailing. I added this using foam adhesive.



That's all from me for now! I'll be back soon with more projects, I hope you'll check them out!

Thank you for stopping by today! I wish you a lovely day!

X