Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Cheers - my first layout for the Paige Evans Design Team

Hi there friends,

I have some exciting news! I've moved from the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team to the Paige Evans DT! You won't really see the difference, maybe more projects and I might not use cut files on all of them, but otherwise I will be working with Paige's collections, creating layouts and cards as before! Thank you so much Paige for this awesome opportunity, it is such an honor to be on this team!

As for today's layout. One more with older supplies! By the time this post goes live I will have the beautiful new Whimsical collection, but since I work ahead, this page is still created with a previous collection! 

I haven't used the Turn the Page collection in awhile, so I thought I'd do that now. 

I've chosen the Flower cut file (Design ID: #274765) and decided to cut lots of smaller flowers instead of one big one and create a grid type of layout with them.


I can't believe I went with white background, but I just didn't find a patterned paper I liked with all these colors. Except for pinks, and I didn't want to use pink. Plus the texture of this Bazzill card stock is so awesome, I had to use it for something anyway, ha!


I glued down all the flowers, but only in the middle so they lift off the page a little. First I wanted to add a grid kind of machine stitching but I liked the airy look of the flowers, so I decided against it. 


Since the background is so busy and I did not want to cover it up, I kept the rest of the page very simple. I layered some tissue paper behind my photo as well as some journaling spots/tags and glued them in place. I decorated the photo with a couple of chipboard and puffy sticker hearts on the right side. 


I trimmed down a label, stamped my date on it and tucked it under the photo. Cardstock stickers I always glue on a piece of heavy weight card stock and fussy cut them out, so they can be used as die cuts. This is what I did with the Coolio banner, that I then mounted on my photo using foam adhesive. I created my title the same way and I used foam adhesive to glue down those letters too. Last but not least I placed a chipboard arrow on my photo, mainly to add some color to the left side which kind of separates the photo from the background if that makes sense.


I wrote my journaling on one of the tags and as a last step I splattered some navy ink all over the page.

I hope I could give you an idea on how to use up lots of different patterned paper scraps on a page!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a lovely day!

X

SUPPLIES:
Turn the Page collection: Journaling spots, Sticker book, Chipboard stickers, Puffy stickers, Paper 1, Paper 4, Paper 8, Paper 9Paper 13Paper 21, Paper 24