Thursday, October 4, 2018

Spellbinders Jane Davenport Artomology collection - Part 2

Hi there crafty friends,

I'm back today with the second part of my 3 blog post series showcasing the gorgeous new exclusive Jane Davenport collection at Spellbinders, called Artomology! If you've missed my first post, you can find it here.

I have 3 cards for you today, all using the same Sunflower Journal Etched die in slightly different ways.

For my first card I die cut two flowers from a light pink patterned paper from the Maggie Holmes Willow Lane collection (I actually used this collection on all my cards today). I then backed one of the flowers with 2 different pink patterned papers.


I die cut some stems and leaves - also backed two of the leaves with green patterned paper. I've made an A2 size top folding card base, then cut a striped patterned paper piece for my card front, also A2 size.


I played around with arrangements until I finally settled on this one. I adhered the left flower to the background as is, then added the second one, that I backed with patterned paper, on top of it using foam adhesive. To finish off this card, I placed an embossed sentiment on the flower and flicked some black ink all over it.


For my next card I chose a pink/black/white color scheme. I die cut the flowers 3 times, from 3 different patterned papers. I backed one with a polka dot paper and white card stock, then placed the other two on top and adhered them down slightly offset, so all 3 can be seen.


I didn't cut stems this time, only a bunch of leaves from a black patterned paper. I then prepared my card base, which again is A2 sized and top folding. I added some striped, some polka dot papers on top, then glued down my embossed sentiment too.


I used foam adhesive to adhere my flower to my card base. I tucked some gold tangled thread under it. A few black ink splatters and done!


I wanted my last card to be a bit more artsy, so I drew the stem and leaves with a blue pen on an A2 size white card stock. I die cut the flower from this panel as well as some patterned paper. I adhered the panel on an A2 size top folding card base, placed the blue flower in the cut out and glued it down.


Because I am sooo bad at throwing scraps away, I simply used some leftovers to piece the flower back together. The strips in the middle I raised a bit with foam adhesive, just to add some dimension and interest.



I embossed a piece of card stock with WOW! Copacabana Embossing Powder (my fave color at the moment!) then die cut a sentiment from it. This sentiment is included in the You Are Unique Etched die set and I find the shape and size perfect for this card!



I added some navy and coral paint splatters as well as some Bronze Nuvo drops for finishing touches.

That's it for today! I hope you like my projects!

I'll be back with my last post featuring Artomology in a couple of days!

Until then...Have a lovely day!

X