Wednesday, October 3, 2018

For the love of purple - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hi there friends,

I'm back with some new layouts today that I've created for Pinkfresh Studio with the gorgeous Indigo Hills 2 collection! By total accident I made two purple layouts - I guess this just goes to show how much I love this color. Well, if I want to be precise, I'd call this aubergine or maybe plum? Anyway, let's stick with purple, you know what I'm talking about :).

First up is a layout of my best friend's twins! Anyone watching The Originals?! It's one of my favorite shows and then I never in a million years would have imagined that I'd be addicted to a vampire show?! Anyway, if you're watching, you'll understand my title, We stick together, always and forever! I thought it was fitting!


I've used the Gorge paper for my background: I cut it into two pieces and one of them I turned around so I have two patterns. I added a thin strip of textured white card stock for interest. 


I then die cut Paige Evans' String Art Heart cut file from textured white card stock and backed some of the opening with pieces of the Gorge and Mesa papers. I also added two different purple embroidery floss for actual string art. I layered some tags and tissue paper behind my photo and tucked it all under some strings.


I glued on a bunch of chipboard hearts, stickers and die cuts around the photo. As for the title. I die cut it from textured white card stock. I was going to hand stitch around it but some parts are so thin, I decided against it. I added the outline with a gray water color pencil (but didn't add water in the end). I finished off my title using the purple alpha mini stickers. As a final step, I splattered some gold ink around my page.


My next layout is featuring the Mesa, Highland and Gorge papers. I first fussy cut all the leaves from the Highland Paper, then some from the purple side of the Gorge paper. I didn't like those on the layout so I turned them around and used the white/gray side. Unfortunately the fussy cutting looks horrible on this side but oh well. 


Again, I created some layers of tissue papers and tags to place my photo on. Funny story about this photo is that it doesn't belong on this layout at all! I wasn't allowed to post the original one, so I had to come up with a solution. My photo was taken in Barcelona, certainly not this year and I didn't have a Pretty Woman moment (that's actually a reference to the movie, if you're old enough to remember it hehe). But for the purpose of this post it will do!


I arranged the leaves along the triangle and above my photo, then glued them down. 


I added a few wood veneers and stickers on and around my photo. I then glued down the title (full disclosure: after taking a photo of this layout, I also stitched down the title so it won't go anywhere! I don't trust puffy stickers, especially not thin ones ha!)


A few enamel dots here and there, journaling (kind of), date, gold and plum ink splatters finish off this page! 


I've also created a layout for this month' fussy cutting challenge:



I can't wait to see what you all come up with for this challenge! 

I hope you liked today's inspiration! Thanks for stopping by!

Happy crafting! 

X