Saturday, October 13, 2018

Flower Power - DT project for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hey there crafty friends,

I'm checking in today with a new layout I've made for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team. While waiting impatiently for Paige's new collection, Whimsical, I've been working with some older collections. To be honest, I don't mind doing that because I have too much stuff and it's always a good feeling to use up something from my older supplies!

On today's layout I've mostly used the beautiful Oh My Heart collection plus a few items from Pick-Me-Up, Turn the Page and Fancy Free.

I've chosen the Geometric Peace Sign cut file (Design ID: #274772) because when I saw it, I remembered I once made some Flower Power cookies for a friend and thought the photo would work well with this cut file. Seeing these cookies now I realise they looked rather bad, I didn't know all the tricks of icing back then. However, I loved the color scheme and knew I could make it work with Paige's collections.


I cut the cut file from textured white card stock, then backed some of the shapes with different patterned papers. I fussy cut a bunch of flowers, luckily I had most of them done before. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to scrap but still want to do something, and then I normally either fussy cut or hand stitch. So I have several bags full of flowers and butterflies ready to go!


After preparing my background and adhering the cut file to it, I glued down my picture as well. I then created 3 clusters of flowers. I added foam dots here and there for some dimension. Finally I stitched on some buttons in the middle of the biggest flowers.


I used the small white foam alphas from Pick-Me-Up for my title and a white gel pen for my journaling. To finish off my page I added some gold paint splatters.


I hope you have enjoyed today's layout inspiration! Thanks so much for stopping by! I wish you a beautiful day!

Until next time,

X

SUPPLIES:
Fancy Free collection: patterned papers, buttons
Oh My Heart collection: patterned papers, die cut pieces, puffy stickers
Turn the Page: Paper 2, Paper 15
Pick-Me-Up collection: Paper 8Paper 10, Foam alphabet stickers